I can't believe we're at the end of 13 of the best years of my LIFE!!! Sometimes I wonder if it is even possible to be any more happy than he makes me. I LOVE YOU, KEVIN!!!!!
Kevin surprised me, on our anniversary, with a trip down memory lane...
He started by handing me this cute little basket full of "clues."
In order to receive a clue I had to give him a kiss. (Hence the mistletoe in the visor.... Kaden's idea.) :)
Here we are... armed with my clues, camcorder, and a beautiful, single, white rose.
Clue #1:
The second time I ever saw Kevin, he was at a missionary reunion dinner at Chuck-a-Rama. I was the waitress whom they stiffed at the end of the night. I worked hard for 4 hours clearing the tables of ravenous, post-mission, young men, while making the waitress minimum wage of $2.13 and hour. Still, I talked to Kevin and couldn't help but like him. :)
So... here we are at good old Chuck-a-Rama...
Clue #2 took us to one of our favorite hang-out places. We LOVED to get milkshakes at the Malt Shoppe with our friends Craig and Amy. I got some good footage, but no good pictures. It's just in Provo, so I need to go take a good picture in the DAY TIME!!! :)
Clue #3 we went and visited Kevin's college apartment. Another place that was too dark for pictures. Hopefully I can get some up soon!
Clue #4 took us to Utah Valley University. It sounds really cool now, but WAY back then, it was just Utah Valley State College. This is where Kevin and I met and really became friends. Kevin was over service in the school clubs and I represented the institute at the club meetings. Our best friends were Amy (Smith) Olsen and Craig Judd. We found them in some pictures on the wall!
We never found the room we had our Inter-club council meetings in. A lot has changed! The closest thing we found was the student government rooms.
Clue #5 sent us to the hill above the Utah State Capitol building. It's where Kevin gave me my ring. It has a beautiful view of the Salt Lake valley. On our way we passed "our" gas station.
It's COLD up here!!!
It was so fun and romantic to reminisce about that special day.
Clue #6 took us to the Salt Lake Temple. It was wonderful to be on a date and enjoy the lights and time of year with just the two of us.
Clue #7 was just across the street to Zion's Bank. This was my first job after we were married. A few years later Kevin worked across the street at Merril Lynch. No wonder we love that area so much! Lots of memories! You can see the Zion's Bank logo just behind us.
We continued our trek north with Clues #8 and #9. Our first apartment was in Bountiful. We lovingly named them the "V" apartments. We loved Bountiful. One of our favorite pastimes was rollerblading on main street and around the old tabernacle. We also went to church at the tabernacle. Kaden was born while we lived in bountiful and we kept up our rollerblading with him riding along in the stroller.
Tabernacle
Bountiful's beautiful main street
The "V" apartments :)
2 comments:
That is so cute, what a good idea Kevin!
You guys look adorable and in love! What a fun night out. We miss you guys so much but hope all is well. Come visit!!! :-)
Post a Comment